Punta Brava is a unique place located on a tip of the Colombian Pacific Coast, in the department of Chocó, Nuquí municipality, where the rainforest and the Pacific Ocean are at its best, offering visitors the opportunity to experience unspoiled nature, jungle vegetation, towering crystal clear freshwater streams and the imposing Pacific Ocean. This experience is unique thanks to its location, distant from populated areas and from tourist centers of high impact.
Recommendations for the trip:
- Check your luggage weight. Usually the total weight allowed in the planes to Nuquí is only 10 Kg.
We recommend to bring the following items:
- Flashlight (A small LED penlight or a “headlamp” that clips on to cap visors can be a real help and is highly advised)
- Batteries for flashlight (you can’t charge the batteries in Punta Brava and you can’t leave them there, if you want to recycle them you have to bring them back)
- Insect repellent
- Personal hygiene items and required medicaments if needed
- Rain poncho or windbreaker
- Shoes or sneakers that can get wet and are comfortable for walking
- Rubber boots (for walking in the jungle)
- Lightweight long-sleeve shirts and pants, Comfortable clothes
- A hat or a cap